The NHI Nursing Home Ancillary Worker Award
This award is open to all ancillary workers employed in an NHI registered nursing home. The award is established to celebrate the work that ancillary workers do, in ensuring that the physical and psychosocial environment of the nursing home is of a high quality and enhances the well-being of residents, teams and visitors. This award is open to staff in various different categories i.e. office, domestic, transport, maintenance, chaplain etc.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate how their work as an ancillary worker (over and above what would normally be expected of the role) contributes to creating an excellent physical/ psycho-social environment and how the work has a demonstrable benefit in contributing to a culture of person-centredness in the nursing home.
How to Apply
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant contribution that the ancillary worker has made to enhance the care home environment, over and above the normal expectations of the role and apply online by clicking here and submit your application online.
You will receive an automatic email confirming your application.
The email will also include your questions and answers should you want to print this off for future use.
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant contribution that the ancillary worker has made to enhance the care home environment, over and above the normal expectations of the role and print and fill out the application form which you can scan and email or post to us.
(Please note the PDF Application Form does not allow you to type directly on to it)
Significant contributions could include:
• Sustained commitment to high quality care of the environment and psychosocial needs of the resident
• Initiation of changes such as developing and maintaining creative outdoor spaces, environmental cleanliness, proactive attention to maintenance of essential services, innovative services to residents, involvement of residents in ancillary work
• Initiation of changes to enhance resident dignity, autonomy or privacy
To be eligible for this award, the candidate needs to:
1. Be currently employed as an ancillary worker in a Nursing Homes Ireland Registered Nursing Home
2. Self nominate or are nominated by a member of the care team, resident or relative. Nomination to be supported by the Person in Charge or the Registered Provider