The NHI Nursing Home Carer of the Year
This award is open to all carers employed in an NHI registered nursing home. The award is established to celebrate the work that carers do, in providing excellence in person-centred care to nursing home residents and others who are significant to them.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate how their work as a carer (over and above what would normally be expected of the role) contributes to care excellence and how the work has a demonstrable benefit in contributing to a culture of person-centredness in the nursing home.
How to Apply
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant contribution that the carer has made to the life of residents and/or others significant to the resident(s), over and above the normal expectations of the role and apply online by clicking here and submit your application online.
You will receive an automatic email confirming your application.
The email will also include your questions and answers should you want to print this off for future use.
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant contribution that the carer has made to the life of residents and/or others significant to the resident(s), over and above the normal expectations of the role and print and fill out the application form which you can scan and email or post to us.
(Please note the PDF Application Form does not allow you to type directly on to it)
Significant contributions could include:
• Sustained commitment to high quality care of residents
• Initiation of changes in particular practices, such as infection control, nutrition, continence etc
• Initiation of changes to enhance resident dignity, autonomy or privacy and quality of life
To be eligible for this award, the candidate needs to:
1. Be currently employed as a carer in a Nursing Homes Ireland Registered Nursing Home
2. Self nominate or be nominated by a member of the care team, resident or relative. Nomination to be supported by the Person in Charge or the Registered Provider
Note: This Award is open to all staff employed (full or part time) in an NHI registered Nursing Home.