The NHI Nursing Home Director of Nursing/Person in Charge Award
Homecare Medical Supplies
This award is open to all Directors of Nursing/Persons in Charge employed in an NHI registered nursing home. The award is established to celebrate excellence in management and leadership in nursing homes.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate how their work as a Director of Nursing/Person in Charge (over and above what would normally be expected of the role) contributes to care excellence and how the work has a demonstrable benefit in achieving a culture of person-centeredness in the nursing home, i.e. a culture that demonstrates a commitment to the enhancement of services that respect the beliefs, values, needs, desires, hopes and dreams of residents and staff.
How to Apply
Complete the award proforma about the innovative management and leadership practices you adopt and apply online by clicking here and submit your application online.
You will receive an automatic email confirming your application.
The email will also include your questions and answers should you want to print this off for future use.
Complete the award proforma about the innovative management and leadership practices you adopt and print and fill out the application form which you can scan and email or post to us.
(Please note the PDF Application Form does not allow you to type directly on to it)
The award proforma should incorporate the following information:
- Description of the nursing home environment
- Description of the Director of Nursing/Person in Charge role
- Rationale for the innovation including any underpinning evidence
- Description of how the care team in the nursing home has been involved in the innovation
- The impact that the innovation has had on developing a person-centred culture in the nursing home
- How the innovation has been evaluated
- Show evidence that the innovation has been embedded in the culture of the nursing home
To be eligible for this award, the candidate needs to:
- Be currently employed as a Director of Nursing/Person in Charge in a Nursing Homes Ireland Registered Nursing Home
- Self nominate or are nominated by a member of the care team, resident or relative. Nomination to be supported by the Registered Provider
- Have initiated the innovation within the past 18 months
This award is open to all Directors of Nursing/Persons in Charge employed in an NHI registered nursing home. The award is established to celebrate excellence in management and leadership in residential and long-term care in nursing homes.