The NHI Nursing Home Excellence in Dining & Nutrition Award
This award is open to individuals employed in an NHI registered nursing home. This award is established to ensure that residents’ nutritional needs are met in a Person centered way from their admission to a nursing home to their end of life. Nutrition is considered a key determinant of a high standard of care and can be a complex part of the resident’s life.
In recognition of the already high calibre/standards in the area of nutrition we are looking for evidence that all residents have their nutritional needs assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated on an ongoing basis and that practices are regularly monitored to ensure residents have choice and enjoy their food.
We encourage Nursing Homes to monitor in an ongoing basis that
- Nutrition screening tools are completed and documented appropriately
- The results of the screening tool affect the nutrition care plan for the resident in a person centred manner
- The resident receives their food of choice and their meal time is a social occasion with their dignity maintained.
- What was the results of the above and how did practise change following the process
How to Apply
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant innovation or development, over and above normal expectations, that has enhanced the quality of catering and nutritional support services and apply online by clicking here and submit your application online.
You will receive an automatic email confirming your application.
The email will also include your questions and answers should you want to print this off for future use.
Complete the award proforma outlining a significant innovation or development, over and above normal expectations, that has enhanced the quality of catering and nutritional support services and print and fill out the application form which you can scan and email or post to us.
(Please note the PDF Application Form does not allow you to type directly on to it)
Significant contributions could include:
- Sustained commitment to high quality catering services
- Initiation of changes such as developing innovative menus, enhancing the nutritional content of food choices, enhancing the psycho-social dimension of mealtimes, developing interdisciplinary approaches to nutritional assessment and support
- Initiation of changes to enhance resident dignity, autonomy or privacy
To be eligible for this award, the candidate needs to:
1. Be currently employed within the catering department of a Nursing Homes Ireland Registered Nursing Home – NB: An individual or team can be nominated
2. Self nominate or are nominated by a member of the care team, resident or relative. Nomination to be supported by the Person in Charge or the Registered Provider
Note: This Award is open to all staff employed (full or part time) in an NHI registered Nursing Home