Celebrating Excellence in CareCitywest Hotel, Co. Dublin Thursday, 14th November 2019, 7.00pm Click here to See our NHI CARE AWARDS 2019 Winners
About Nursing Homes Ireland
Nursing Homes Ireland is the representative organisation for Ireland’s private and voluntary nursing home sector.
We actively support and represent our members, enabling them to provide sustainable high-quality care to their residents.
The sector, and the care our members provide, are essential for healthcare delivery in Ireland. Private and voluntary nursing homes:
- Provide care for 23,000+ residents
- Account for 80% of all long term care beds in the country, and,
- Employ circa 30,000 specialist staff
Our support of Membership advances the imperative requirement for a strong and sustainable private and voluntary nursing home sector. This is vital for a proper functioning healthcare system and to meet the clinical, health and social care needs of persons requiring nursing home care.
NHI Members are committed to:
- Maintaining and enhancing the quality of life of residents entrusted in their care
- Preserving the autonomy of residents, guaranteeing free expression of opinion and freedom of choice
- Maintaining a safe physical and emotional environment
- Ensuring that the privacy and dignity of residents is respected
- Being employers of choice and providing continuous professional development and training
- It is our goal to ensure everyone who chooses a nursing home for the next step in their lives experiences a safe, happy, caring and fulfilling environment.
The wide-ranging services provided by NHI to its Members supports them in achieving best practice in care provision for high dependency persons who require nursing home care.
On an ongoing basis Members are provided with specialist and expert clinical advice, key information pertaining to the delivery of long-term residential care, guidance and support.
Education informs Members of best practice in care delivery and resources are made available through NHI to support them in the operation and running of their nursing home.
NHI’s sustained lobbying and public affairs activity is focussed upon requirement to create a framework that will place private and voluntary nursing homes in communities across Ireland on a sustainable footing.